Connecting AirTouch to WiFi
One of the great features about AirTouch is that it gives you smart control of your air conditioner, both locally through WiFi or via a secure internet connection when you are away from home.
To do this, you have to connect your AirTouch panel to your home WiFi, and now you can control your air conditioning from wherever you are in the world.
To connect AirTouch to WiFi:
The connection can be carried out by scanning for your local WiFi network or inputting it manually.
- On your AirTouch panel, touch User and then WiFi to enter the WiFi Setup screen. Note: If AirTouch is currently connected to a WiFi network, its SSID name will be ticked.
- If the wireless network SSID is known, touch the SSID field to display the keyboard on screen and then input first few characters of the SSID. Touch Enter to confirm the SSID input.
- Touch Scan to start scanning for available WiFi networks/routers or touch Other to bring up the manual WiFi SSID input.
- On completion of the scan, a list of WiFi networks will be displayed. Touch the desired network's name and then go to next step. If your desired network is not in the list, choose to enter it manually on the WiFi setup screen (see step 3).
- Touch the password field to enter the password of the WiFi network. Touch Enter to confirm. AirTouch supports WEP, WPA, and WPA2 Wireless network encryption.
- Touch Connect to connect the desired WiFi network. Connecting will appear on the screen.
- AirTouch's screen will display Connected if the connection was successful.
The Wi-Fi logo will appear on the status bar after connecting to the WiFi network. The connection will stay permanent until the setting changes on the home router such as SSID, password, security levels, filters and others. And don't worry if there is a power failure. The connection will automatically resume after power off and on cycle.
Now you can run the AirTouch applications on your smart devices to control AC or zoning. If you haven’t already, download the AirTouch app.